Tuesday, May 18, 2010

What a Weekend!

Wow! Take a deep breath because I am about to spill a lot of info! This weekend Nolan turned 9 months old. I just teared up as I typed that sentence. My booboo is growing so fast. When I was pregnant, people all over the place would tell me to savor the moments because he was going to grow like a weed. Man, they were right. He changes daily. Never thought the person I would want to spend all my extra time with would be the size of a pillow...squishy like one too ;) It was a HUGE weekend for Nolan. On Friday, Mrs. Brandi told Nolan that his homework over the weekend was to learn to crawl and get some teethers. My boy made his teacher mama proud...he did his homework. The crawling part isn't so surprising. Nolan has been scootching around this house for weeks. His technique is a little strange, however. He has chosen the "army crawl" method. He seems to like it. As his mother, I wish he would do it the good old fashioned way....he sweeps the floor with his belly and that kinds grosses me out. The teeth...yes teeth...getting part is what I was ecstatic about. For months, people (some random, some close to home) have been AMAZED that Nolan had not cut a tooth yet. The first few remarks didn't bother me, but when the 369th person made their comment it started to worry me. I knew he had teeth in there, but everyone seemed to think they should have made their presence know by now. Here is how I found them.....Nolan had a great weekend. Leeah, Petey, and Kyle came for a visit and to help with the house remodel effort. THANK YOU MY FRIENDS TO THE NORTH....YOU ARE THE BEST! Sunday, we went to the mall to run and errand and made a pit stop at Christie cookie. Now that Nolan is on mostly table food, I give him tastes of most everything I eat...including snickerdoodles. I was putting a piece of cookie in his mouth and he bit down on my finger. I think the entire mall heard me scream "MY BABY HAS A TOOTH!" I was soooo excited I almost cried. Nolan's two bottom teeth are coming in at the same time. No signs to let me know he was uncomfortable. Perfect baby :) I have attached a video of him crawling. This was on Saturday and his skills have gotten much better....he can follow us around the house now :)

Just a little warning. This may be my last blog post for a few weeks unless something magical happens....like Nolan learning to walk :) With home remodeling, end of school activities, and good old life, my free time is limited!

No comments:

Post a Comment