Friday, August 23, 2013

Summer Trip to TX 2013

Most important thing to note is that I packed all clothing for Nolan, James and myself in this one bag.  I was so darn impressed with myself.  I use to get lots of flack when we would go on family vacations for always packing too much.  I have come a long way ;)
 
 
To say this trip was put together at the last minute is an understatement.  Elise and I wanted to surprise mom like we did two summers ago, but with the new baby the surprise element had to go.  We decided on the last week of June because that is what fit into every one's schedules.  Driving was a must as James had not yet had his two month shots yet, and I was just not comfortable putting him on one of the germiest objects there is...an air plane.  Once we decided we were going to rent a van and drive the 12 hour stint, we thought it might be a good idea to invite a few more people.......
Enter...Grandmommy and Aunt Pam :)  We had a lovely drive down.  James was a wonderful travel baby and Nolan was a great traveling toddler...thanks to Aunt Pam and her bag of tricks! 
 
 Uncle Patrick and his nephew James Patrick.  They are going to be great buds just like Patrick and Nolan!
 
 James and the JOOVY.  This thing has gotten some mileage.  Well worth the money and the kids love it.  Nolan even slept in it this trip...yes at almost 4.  He was suppose to sleep with me, but the first night was hell on Earth.  I had no idea that he kicked, turned, tossed and talked in his sleep.  I could not do that for a solid week.
 
 It is hard to believe that just last year Nolan was freaked out by the pool.  He would NOT go in without an adult GLUED to him.  This summer he just took to it...jumping in by himself and swimming alone.  For the second year in a row, someone has had to jump in after him.  I guess he got a little too comfortable...as did the rest of us.  He went right under.  Luckily Aunt Pam saved the day.  She jumped right in and scooped him up in seconds! 
 
 
 I don't play around with sunburn! 
 
 Baby James stayed in the shaded the entire trip.  I didn't think his 7 week old self could handle the TX sun.
 
 Not even two months old and he is already standing....hehehe :)
 
 We had a terrible bike incident.  The darn thing just snapped in half as Nolan was riding down the street.  A busted knee, shoulder, face and call to manufacturer later and we have a brand new SCOOTER that he LOVES!
 
I thought I would close with this.  While Nolan and Patrick are about 10 years off in years, they are about the same age in goofiness ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment