Thursday, July 14, 2011

Big, Stout, Husky....

What ever you want to call it....it all started with this............................
Once I was able to keep more than a cracker down (somewhere around 12 weeks pregnant), I became addicted to the "grand finale chocolate cake" from Harris Teeter.  Seriously, I ate this particular piece of cake 5 out of 7 nights of the week.  It explains why my husband gained a significant amount of baby weight, but I am not sure how I only gained 30 total pounds.  I do, however, have a theory................

Meet Nolan.  He is the little booger growing in my belly during my cake obsession.  My theory is a little far fetched, but here it goes.  I feel that Nolan has special chocolate loving fat cells that developed during pregnancy.  As he gets older the chocolate loving fat cells explode helping my Boo gain weight :)  All Nolan's life...all two years of it...he has been on the large side.  He was a very average weight when he was born, but soon soon there after he started putting on the pounds.  I get comments every where we go and always have.  No one has ever been mean about it, but hearing how fat your baby is can only be cute the first 100 times.  Here are some past pics of my chunk o love. 

See what I mean :)  So, toady when I was in Harris Teeter getting some food for dinner the "big" comment should not have surprised me.  A super nice older African America woman told me that she thought my Boo was too old for a sas (of course she called it a paci because no one else on the planet calls it a sas)...why do people feel the need to throw their opinions in your face I will never understand.  I smiled and told her that I planned to take it way before he turned two.  She got the biggest, widest open mouth grin and said, "WHAT! That boy ain't two!"  She thought he was pushing three :)  I laughed, looked in my cart, and saw my piece of "grand finale chocolate cake".  If Boo was the "reason" for all the cake eating when I was pregnant, then what was my excuse now??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment