Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Mr. Independent Needs His Mommy :)

 Sounds like the title of a book, right?  Last week, Nolan and I went to Adventure Science Center.  Yes, the two of us go there often.  Reason? I am a teacher and get in free and he is under two and gets in for free :)  Of course, I took one hundred pics while we were there, but I realize that I have done a few Science Center posts already.  What struck me while we were there was Nolan's fear of the dinosaurs. 

Look at that little face (and the dino in the background...once again hate the lighting of my camera).  He WOULD NOT TURN AROUND AND LOOK AT THEM.  He has been to this particular section of the museum lots of times and has never had a problem.  When you enter the top floor, you have to pass these guys to get to the HUMAN BODY...Nolan's fav.  He was walking on his own as he usually does.  Holding my hand just isn't cool anymore.  As we passed these guys, he grabbed my leg and wanted me to hold him.  Nolan is not one of those kids who likes to be carted around everywhere anywhere, so it surprised me to say the least.  I tried to make the dinos sound and look as cute and cuddly as I could.  No matter what kind of squeaky annoying voice I used, he would not look at them.  He just kept saying "lesgo, mom" (he leaves out the "t").  I loved this moment so much I had to get a picture of it.  He was cuddled so close to me...something he reserves for after he wakes up usually.  You could imagine my disappointment when we got to the "brain" and I tried to take another picture......
He turned into a teenager again who was too cool to be so close to his mama ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment