Friday, June 24, 2011

Gibbons Family Reunion 2011

Yes, I am back!!!  School is out, vacation is over, Grandma went back to TX, and now I have 5 minutes to sit down an blog :)   It is almost July, but this post is going WAAAYYY back to the end of May.  We spent part of Memorial Day weekend at the Red Roof Inn...aka...the Derrick river house on the Buffalo River.  Every two years, my dad's side of the family, the Gibbons, have a family reunion.  Garrett was able to attend the last reunion, but this year BOTH Garrett and Elise were able to make it.  I know it made my dad feel good to have all three of his kiddos there :)  This was Nolan's first reunion.  Last time he was in still in my belly :)  Introducing...the Gibbons family:

These are the kiddos that started it all.  My dad is one of seven children and he is the only boy.  Since Garrett is dad's only son, he is the sole heir to the Gibbons name.  No pressure Garrett.  Nolan is also in the same boat.  He is the only boy of the Smith family, so unless Nolan has boy children he will be the last.  Look at all these people..............

 Can you believe that Garrett is the only person who will be able to continue the family name??

 These are all my first cousins :)  Yes, there are alot of us! 

 These are all of the 2nd cousins...see cute little boo?

 Dad, Elise, myself, Nolan and Garrett

 Garrett and Aunt Betsy

 Poor Stephanie.  She was thrown into the lions den.  I think she said she had like 2 cousins :)

 This is what the aunts did the entire time.  Dad said that the next day a little water snake floated between all of them and they went crazy.  Wish I could have seen that!

 Nolan had a blast.  This little boy could be George of the Jungle.  He loves being outside.  Once he got use to the water, he loved it.  He found treasure everywhere and loved seeing the fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment