Tuesday, May 28, 2013

James One Month...I think

 Baby James is one month old....maybe?  Today he is 4 weeks old which equals one month.  However, he was born on the 30th and today is the 28th.  So, do you calculate by 4 week sections or from birth date to the next date?  Not sure...either way he is pretty close to one month old :)

Look at the presh newborn pic!  Isn't he handsome?  Most people get newborn pictures taken when the baby is a week old.  I, on the other hand, do it when I have time ;)  So, James' newborn pictures are more like one month pictures.  Here are some things this little man is up to:

*James spits up.  It's gross.  I am not even going to pretend that I don't care because I do.  Nolan spit up twice in his life, so I am not use to smelling like sour milk.  I have tried bottle feeding, burping more, cutting out dairy, etc.  You name it and I have tried it.  I changed my shirt today three different times and James received three outfit changes as well.  Kid...cut it out or we will have to send your back!

*Sweet boy is in no way sleeping through the night.  At this age, Nolan had a pattern.  He would wake up every 3 hours or so and feed.  It wasn't sleeping through the night, but at least it was consistent.  James goes 1 hour or 2 hours or 3 hours or even 4 hours at night.  You never know what you are going to get.  It is starting to drive me a little nutty.  Fortunately, when he does wake to eat, he goes back to sleep rather quickly.

*He is wearing 3 month clothing.  It is a little big, but newborn stuff DOES NOT FIT.  He is going to be a big boy just like his big brother!

*Kid is not all about a sas.  I stuck a sas in Nolan's mouth as soon as we got home from the hospital.  He loved it, and we loved the quiet.  James will take a sas, but he could live without.  He does much better with the "soothie" brand than the NUK.

*James likes to be held...a lot. 

*He has the most precious fat cheeks!  People come from all over just to eat them up! 

Happy one month birthday, James!  Like any good mother, we held a celebration at Bobbie's Dairy Dip.  You, of course, slept through the entire thing ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment