Monday, May 20, 2013

Rub-A-Dub-Dub

Baby James had his firs bath!  About a week ago, his umbilical cord fell off.  It was traumatic...for me :)  Brad was still on leave, so we decided to go to the mall.  Yes, I took my one week and 5 day old baby to the mall.  He was in his stroller/carrier bubble, so I wasn't concerned about anyone breathing on him.  No one could see him, so as far as they were concerned he was just an average sleeping 3 month old.  Little did they know, he was a new bundle of cuteness.  While changing his diaper in the car (I just couldn't do public restrooms yet), I noticed that his cord was half hanging off with gooey puss filled oozy nasty underneath it.  It freaked me out.  Nolan's cord just shriveled up and fell off all at once, so this was a surprise.  I am not a doctor caller for every little thing, but in that moment I felt like a first time mom who didn't know what was going on.  So, I called.  The sweet nurse told me that it was no biggie and very normal for a cord to break away a little early.  The stuff I thought was puss was actually part of the cord that wasn't yet dry.

Once that sucker dried all the way and fell off (leaving him with a precious outtie belly button), I got out the bath toys!  I have been craving to bathe this baby for days.  He didn't love it, but he didn't hate it either.  Nolan, however, was thrilled.  He loves helping with James.  I am excited for the day that I can throw these two in the tub together and kill two birds with one stone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment