Wednesday, December 1, 2010

"BOY" he is a mess!

When I was pregnant with Nolan, I spent the first 20 weeks thinking PINK. I just knew I was having a girl. I had girl names picked out, and shopped for girlie nursery themes. Thoughts of tutus and ribbon filled my mind. The morning of our ultrasound I was a bit nervous because of some complications I was having, but not one piece of me had any doubt that they would tell me my baby was a little girl.



I looked at Brad when I saw the "thingy" that indicated I was WRONG. We just could not believe it. Never did we think a little boy would be in our future. We left amazed and shocked, but ohhh sooo happy.



Now as a mother to my 15 month old, I could not even imagine what it must be like to parent a little girl. Nolan is the most active, goofy child I have ever met. There is not 5 minutes that goes by without Brad or I tending to a booboo or giving lovin' after a fall. If he can climb it...he will. If he can rip it...he will. If he can run...he will. If can't reach it...he'll try. If he can't climb it...he will find something to stand on to help him. If it is left open...he will pull everything out. If you leave it unattended...he will destroy it. What is "it"?? You name it....everything and anything.



The personality on this kid is hysterical. He can look at you and make you laugh. His goofy smile lights up a room, and it is noticeable if he is not around. He is a cuddle bug one minute, and a fighter the next. I never knew I could love something so much. I had a sad talk with a dear friend today who is having a difficult time parenting her now young adult son. I hope Nolan sees when he grows up that everything I do...I do for him. It is hard to imagine that one day my sweetness will think I am crazy, and I won't be the center of his world anymore. He will always be the center of mine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment