Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Sickness


Boy! Has it been a rough few days! Nolan is sick...not just has a cold sick...he is sick sick. We went to the doctor on Sunday and it turns out he has bronchiolitis and a left ear infection. The ear infection usually accompanies the bronchiolitis.
Sunday morning almost turned into Nolan's first trip to Vanderbilt Children's Hospital. He was wheezing terribly, coughing up nasty mucus and trying his best to catch a breath. Now, we went to the doctor on Thursday because I thought he has a chest cold, but wanted to make sure it was not something worse (RSV). Of course, when your baby is sick his/her pediatrician is never at work, so we saw someone else in the practice. She was nice, but told me it was a cold and sent us on our merry way.
Over the next few days he just seemed to get worse: temperature, coughing up a lung, getting choked, snot for days, wheezing, chest rattle. Sunday morning was the worse day. He was having such a hard time breathing. I KNOW I AM A FIRST TIME MAMA, BUT THIS IS NOT JUST A COLD! Luckily he calmed down, and we were able to wait until our doctor opened later that day. Unfortunately, there is nothing much to do for the bornchiolitis other than suck out the nose and monitor breathing. It should be better in 10-12 days :) We got the yummy pink antibiotic for the ear infection. Thank goodness I am on Christmas break. I don't know what I would do if I had to work right now. Perks of being a teacher!
On a side note.....I could eat those froggy feet right off my baby! Look at them peeking out from underneath the swing latch (a swing latch that my kid knows how to open by the way)!

No comments:

Post a Comment