Sunday, January 9, 2011

Future Book Worm

Daily, Nolan does something that makes me love him more than I did they day before. Lately, he has figured out how to turn on his lamp. It is a touch lamp, so not that tricky :) What amazes me is that he knows that lamp is for reading. Every night before bed, I turn out Nolan's overhead light and turn on his lamp next to the glider, and also turn on his humidifyer and his fan for sound. We read a book or two, rock for a minute or three, and I then put him in his bed. Boo is always in his bedroom. I am not one of those people that read every parenting book while pregnant, but I do watch me some Super Nanny :) Once we moved into this house, I was determined to have Nolan sleep in his room. Wise Super Nanny suggests that you make your child's room a place where they can be comfortable...a place where they feel safe. Basically, let them in their room for more than just sleeping so that it feels like a safe place at night. As, I have said before he is a book lover. In fact, on our recent trip to TX I brought a few books for him to look at on the plane, not some battery operated light up thing. Since he has learned how to turn his lamp on, there is not one time that he looks at a book in his room with the lights off. It is the SWEETEST thing to watch him march that little toosh into his room, walk straight to the lamp, touch it to turn it on, walk to his cool mist elephant humidifier, turn it on, walk to his fan we use for sound, turn it on, walk over and grab a book, and FINALLY start reading. I guess it is safe to say that 17 month olds really really really are aware of what is going on around them :)


1 comment: