Friday, January 28, 2011

Mama/Boo Date

And.........he's off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have heard me talk about the snow. Well, it did it again. Wednesday we got a few more inches to add to our totals, so we had two snow days :) I could not stomach the thought of sitting in the house all day on Thursday, so Nolan and I went on a date to the Adventure Science Center. I was really just looking for an indoor place where he could run-a-muck, and for a price of $0 for the two of us it could not have been better. When we pulled up, there were 3-4 school buses...that worried me a bit. I didn't want Nolan being trampled by big kids. However, once we got inside the kids all went into their learning labs, so we had the place to ourselves. Boo had BLAST exploring. I let him go where ever he wanted. It was funny. At first, he would look back at me to make sure I was still behind him. After a while, he could have cared less if I were there or not. He is my independent boy.


If there is a button to be pushed, he will find it. Nolan pushed every button in the place...even the ones that were hard to reach!



Boo on TV. That orange blob is his face.


The giant piano was a HUUUUUUUGGGGGGGEEEEEEEE hit! We walked on that thing for the longest time. I had to redirect him to something else because a line was starting to form.



Watching Nolan try to play the "whack a food" game was funny. I showed him how to do it, but the hammer weighed more than he did. He decided that he would just stand in the one spot and hit the one directly in front of him. Unfortunately, his strategy didn't get him many points.


I have never see a kid who can be all over the place one minute, and completely enamored the next. When he saw the catwalk that over looks the space jump, he darted for it. He looked down there for almost 10 minutes. He loved watching the kiddos below. It also gave me a minute or two to rest my feet :)


This is the look I got when I told him it was time to find something else to do. Mastering the pout already :(




This contraption was also a big hit. When you put the ball in the hole, air pushes it through a series of tubes. Nolan LOVED watching the balls, and then chases them when the popped out.


We took a little trip with Mrs. Frizzle on her Magic School Bus. FYI...I did not have to ask Nolan to go do that. He went back there and said "HI" :)


The most fake smile ever. I tried to get him to crawl in the tube, but he was NOT having it. So, we sat inside and took a few pictures. He was OVER me and my camera at this point.


Here is a picture of Nolan standing on the rope bridge. I tried to make him walk across alone, but that wasn't happening. We went together despite my reservations of how much weight it would hold :)


Once I got him in the middle, I left him. I am a mean mommy I know! This is him asking for help.


And this is him saying "one story up is kinda cool". But not for long, I had to walk back out there to get him :)


After all was said and done, he had a great time. We sat on this bench, and he sucked down the water in that sippy like he had been on a trek through the dessert.


And to prove that I actually do exist, here is a pic of Boo and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment