Monday, January 10, 2011

MN or TN???

When my family moved to MN, the first thing on everyone's mind was SNOW! I knew that when I went for a visit during breaks from college I could expect to see snow from September (sometimes) to April :) The nice thing about it though was that I could visit it, and then leave it! This winter has been very snowy in Nashville, and it seems that I CAN'T GET AWAY FROM IT!!!! It is the beginning of January and we are already experiencing our 4th snow of the season. That is a lot for us southern peeps :) This time around we got about 4 inches which kept daddy from going to work...something that almost never happens! The two of us had such a fun time playing with Nolan. Because we have had so much snow the past month or so, Nolan knows EXACTLY what to expect when he sees the white stuff. He kept grabbing my hand and taking me to the back door...wanting to go outside and play :)


Here we are in all of our layers. He had on two pairs of sock, two long sleeved shirts, two pairs of pants, gloves, a hat, and of course his super cute "NORTH FACE JACKET"...hehe ;) When we got back inside his body was hot!



I love his picture. I just wanted a pic of Nolan and I in the snow. As the mommy, I am usually the one behind the camera. Well, as soon as I picked him up he flippppped out! He instantly thought we were going back inside and he was not happy about it what so ever.


So, we tried another tactic and it seemed to work :)


He thought pulling the lights out of the ground was the bees knees. See the one behind him? I think there are 10 or so out there. Daddy will have fun putting them back into the frozen ground ;)



You could say we are a little unprepared when it comes to cold weather. I need to get Nolan some snow boots and a sled. So, we rigged us up a homemade sled which Nolan was not so sure about. Check out the look on his face.


Probably because he saw this coming ;) This wasn't the last time this happened either. Poor kid...never cried though!


After Brad perfected his sled pulling skills, he thought it would be fun to take Boo on the icy sidewalk. Stupid is as stupid does. He slip slided all over the place :) Nolan seemed to find it funny!


Go ahead and click on the pic to enlarge it. If that is not a look of excitement I don't know what is. Our driveway has just enough slope to it to make Nolan slide a little faster. Perfect slope for a 1 year old.


Next year we may try the hill up the street. After that, all sledding will be happening on Knob Rd where News Channel 4 is located. We can walk there from our house. Now, that's going to be some fun sledding!!


Snow angel making is something every child should know how to do. What better time to teach Nolan?? As you can see his skill need a little perfecting.


So, I showed him how it was done. He looked at me like I was crazy. Guess I can expect more of that as he gets older.


Here you can see Brad throwing a snowball at me. I went inside to warm up. Nolan wanted no part of coming in with me. The first time Brad threw a snowball at the door, Nolan didn't know what to think.


Love this look. He didn't know if he should make sure I was okay, or laugh at me like daddy. Yea, Brad has socks on his hands. Like I said earlier, we need to beef up our snow gear ;)


My version of a mud room. In MN, EVERYONE HAS A MUD ROOM. Didn't quite get it then, but I get it now. All that snowy mess gets on the easy to clean tile, and not my hardwoods!


Here is a picture of Brad's snowman. Yes, he messed up my pretty, snow covered yard.


Up close view. Clementines for eyes and pine cone for a nose. I asked him wear the mouth was and he told me he had to stop because he could no longer feel his hands. Poor guy.




After our morning of fun, Nolan needed a serious bath and daddy needed some serious rest time :) What a great day! We shall see how many more of these snow days we get here in TN. A lot I hope! Nothing better than getting paid to play with my boo all day!

2 comments:

  1. These pictures are SO cute! Looks like a blast! I can't wait until Carson is big enough to play in the snow! I will be stealing your sled idea... that was so very teacher-ish :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. When the roads are too bad to make it to Target to buy a sled, you gotta get creative :)

    ReplyDelete