Wednesday, November 4, 2009

It is time.........





These arrived in the mail today. I ordered cute little bottle name tags for Nolan to take to daycare so that his bottles would not get mixed up with his friend's bottles.
How can a bottle label make a grown woman cry????? Because it means it is time for me to go back to work, and leave my little man in the care of someone who is not his mama. I knew this day was coming. In fact, up until about a week ago I was super excited about going back to work. I love teaching. I love my coworkers. I love my job. However, I love my son more than life itself.
How am going to let his teacher know about all his little quirks? He likes his face to be touched when he is falling asleep. When he is crying it really does mean that something is wrong (he is not one of those cry for no reason babies). Sometimes he gets crazy when eating from a bottle, so you have let him eat...breathe...eat...breathe. Are they going to sing to him? He loves loves loves to be sang to. He is a little person with a personality all his own.
Now, I know that people go back to work all the time. Most sooner than I am. Heck, I worked in a nursery during college. I know he is going to be fine. I guess it's me I am most worried about. He has become my sidekick. My right arm. My person.
Most of you will stop reading, call me names, or just plain laugh at me when you read the next sentence. His daycare is in my school building. Yes, I am the luckiest mommy on the planet. I get to take my bubbs with me to work everyday. I get to kiss him bye and walk down the hall to my classroom. I will be able to stop by on my planning period, and visit him during my lunch break. On Thursdays I will get extra time because my students have guidance class.
So, as my husband is yelling from the upstairs bathroom, "your son pooped in the tub!"....I am going to stop throwing my pity party. Instead, I am going to cherish the next 6 days...love on my baby like there is no tomorrow...and be thankful that I am able to work in a profession that I LOVE and kiss my baby anytime I feel like I need it!
Thanks for listening to me vent! And for those of you who check this blog just to see pictures of the cutest baby on the block, check back next week. You know this teacher will be blogging about his "first day of school"! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment