Sunday, October 11, 2009

Pumpkin Time in Tennessee

FALL IS HERE!!!! Fall is by far my favorite time of year. I love the chill in the air and the leaves crunching under my feet. I love orange, green, brown and yellow..."fall colors". I love football and the smell of hot cider. But most of all...I LOVE pumpkins, ghost stories, Halloween decorations, scarecrows, anything that ooozes OCTOBER!


Tennessee is the PERFECT state for fall lovers. Just the right temperature, beautiful deciduous tress (those are trees with leaves that change colors...science tidbit for ya) and friendly folks everywhere! People are just friendly during fall. It is as if everyone is taking a big sigh of relief from the sticky humid summer!!!!!!!


Today we took Nolan to his first Pumpkin patch! I am sure most folks don't get all fuzzy feeling when looking for that perfect pumpkin, but I DO! We found two cute pumpkins sitting right next to one another as if they were patch mates (dork meter just topped the charts). Could not separate them, so we bought them both!!! Guess I should have taken a picture...they are sitting in the garage right now...wouldn't get the same effect ;)



Nolan ready for his first ride in daddy's car. My car was getting tires put on...that could be a whole new blog post on its own :(



The sun was shining in full force today! Fortunately, Nolan slept through his ENTIRE trip to the pumpkin patch, so he didn't need his sunglasses ;)



Nolan and his scarecrow friend


And yes, I realize his pants are pulled up WAY to far ;)



Mommy...Nolan...and the sun that was shining right into my eyes




Daddy and Nolan...Look closely...Nolan thinks pumpkins are #1


The Smith Family



Not a good camera angle...he looks disproportionate. Counld not resist putting the baby in the wheelbarrow!
We are going to another pumpkin patch tomorrow, and more than likely when we get to TX. So, be prepared to get an overload of baby...pumpkin...scarecrow pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment